Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: 0.4.0
I've observed a couple issues with the GitFlowPersistenceAdapter:
- When adding a new process group to NIFREG If for any reason the git repository is in a "dirty" (untracked file) state the adding of the process group fails. However an entry is still created in the DB with a version of 0. Once in this state you cannot delete the flow from NIFIREG and you cannot restart version control from nifi with the same name. I assume the only way to fix this is to manually go into the DB and delete the record.
- When using Remote To Push, if the push fails the same behavior in #1 is exhibited. It's not reasonable to expect that a push will always succeed. The remote git repository could be offline for maintenance etc...
Steps to reproduce:
- Start nifi registry with an empty db and clean git repo.
- add an untracked file to the git repo but do-not commit it.
- Start a processgroup under version control.
- Expect Failure in Nifi UI
- Expect Exception in Log saying untracked files in git repo.
- Delete flow from nifi-registry using Actions -> Delete.
- Expect Failure case, recieve error deleting flow message.
- Refresh nifi-registry UI - flow is still present, version is 0.