While NiFi is slightly different from most software projects in that every deployment contains a copy of the relevant documentation, it is still valuable to have versioned documentation available online:
- archive canonical version of documentation
- allow real-time comparison between versions
- allow access to documentation without spinning up instance of NiFi locally
I would propose a structure like the following but am open to other suggestions:
- /docs/latest/index.html -> /docs/1.1.2/index.html
- /docs.html -> /docs/latest/index.html
The latter two redirects would be updated when a new release is published (only /latest/index.html would need to be manually updated).
The docs pages should also be updated to prominently display the version (I believe I have seen this in another browser, but in both Chrome and Firefox I do not see the version number in the HTML content anywhere).