GitHub user pvillard31 opened a pull request:
NIFI-3331 - TLS Toolkit - add the possibility to define SAN in issued…
Issue behind this improvement is: if you have a load balancer in front of your NiFi cluster, you may have the following issue - when accessing the UI (secured cluster, HTTPS) you might face a certificate issue because the certificate issuer won't match the address of the load balancer. One option to solve this issue is to add, in addition to the node host name, the load balancer address as Subject Alternative Names in the certificate. This should help when deploying tools like Knox, HAProxy, etc, in front of NiFi with HTTPS access.
This PR adds an option in the TLS Toolkit when using it in client mode. The option allows user to define a comma separated list of domains to add as SAN (in the example: the node and the load balancer). The domains will be added in the CSR sent to the CA and the CA will issue a signed certificate containing the same SAN.
Thank you for submitting a contribution to Apache NiFi.
In order to streamline the review of the contribution we ask you
to ensure the following steps have been taken:
- For all changes:
- [X] Is there a JIRA ticket associated with this PR? Is it referenced
in the commit message?
- [X] Does your PR title start with NIFI-XXXX where XXXX is the JIRA number you are trying to resolve? Pay particular attention to the hyphen "-" character.
- [X] Has your PR been rebased against the latest commit within the target branch (typically master)?
- [X] Is your initial contribution a single, squashed commit?
- For code changes:
- [X] Have you ensured that the full suite of tests is executed via mvn -Pcontrib-check clean install at the root nifi folder?
- [ ] Have you written or updated unit tests to verify your changes?
- [ ] If adding new dependencies to the code, are these dependencies licensed in a way that is compatible for inclusion under [ASF 2.0](http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-a)?
- [ ] If applicable, have you updated the LICENSE file, including the main LICENSE file under nifi-assembly?
- [ ] If applicable, have you updated the NOTICE file, including the main NOTICE file found under nifi-assembly?
- [ ] If adding new Properties, have you added .displayName in addition to .name (programmatic access) for each of the new properties?
- For documentation related changes:
- [ ] Have you ensured that format looks appropriate for the output in which it is rendered?
Please ensure that once the PR is submitted, you check travis-ci for build issues and submit an update to your PR as soon as possible.
You can merge this pull request into a Git repository by running:
$ git pull https://github.com/pvillard31/nifi
Alternatively you can review and apply these changes as the patch at:
To close this pull request, make a commit to your master/trunk branch
with (at least) the following in the commit message:
This closes #1491
Author: Pierre Villard <firstname.lastname@example.org>
NIFI-3331 - TLS Toolkit - add the possibility to define SAN in issued certificates