Affects Version/s: 12.3
Fix Version/s: None
Product Version: Apache NetBeans IDE 12.3
Java: 11.0.10; OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM 11.0.10+9-Ubuntu-0ubuntu1.20.04
Runtime: OpenJDK Runtime Environment 11.0.10+9-Ubuntu-0ubuntu1.20.04
System: Linux version 5.4.0-70-generic running on amd64; UTF-8; de_DE (nb)
What I did:
- Clean install of NetBeans 12.3
- Installed nb-javac as recommended, restarted NetBeans
- Cloned https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak.git (13.0.0-SNAPSHOT) from within NetBeans
- Opened the parent project
- Did "Clean and Build" of the whole project (success)
- Expanded "Modules", all looks fine
- Opened module "Keycloak REST Services": "Background scanning of projects..." takes a long time and there are constantly occurring "Unexpected Exception" (some NPE but it is impossible to select one because they are being replaced by a new occurrence all the time)
- Opened the attached project "netbeans-test"
- All projects open without error
- When opening the module "Keycloak REST Services" is complete, there are several "cannot find symbol" errors for types that are actually present, for example DefaultVaultTranscriber in VaultTranscriberTest (see screenshot)
- In the project "netbeans-test", in NetBeansTest.java, the import org.keycloak.crypto.ES256SignatureProviderFactory as well has "cannot find symbol" and content-assist for the package org.keycloak.crypto only shows a subset of the types that actually are in the package
Disabling "Compile on Save", deleting the cache in ~/.cache/netbeans, rebuilding the project, restarting NetBeans etc. does not solve the issue.
"Uninstalling" nb-javac by deleting ~/.netbeans/12.3/modules and restarting NetBeans solves the problem, but then of course "Compile on Save" with all its advantages is not available any more.
Then nb-javac can be installed and "Compile on Save" enabled again - no errors show up (but might occur again later?)
In NetBeans 12.4 Beta 1 "Compile on Save" can be enabled and works without installing nb-javac: Compile on Save support for vanilla javac.