Our pom.xml files grew over time and are on some parts really messy by now.
Things which should be changed:
- there is no clear structure in the pom files. we should have 4-space indenting, but currently we have 2 and 4-space mixed all over the files.
- get rid of javax.* dependencies and use Apache Geronimo specs instead (thus avoiding java.net or jboss repos)
- get rid of unused repositories
- use dependencyManagement in myfaces-core-project to manage the dependencies of all our modules by version and scope and thus avoiding using multiple versions in different modules
- use pluginManagement for plugin versions
- check for duplicate definitions (e.g. Apache snapshot repo already comes from apache-parent)