Maven filtering provides an encoding parameter to set encoding used when
reading/writing files. But war plugin uses null value, which means platform
encoding... Sorry, encoding support won't be totally "free"
I added TODOs in the code.
For web.xml and container config XML file, I set encoding to UTF-8, which is a
better default value than platform encoding.
For other filtered resources, you'll need to add an encoding attribute to
o.a.m.model.Resource class, to let the user define which encoding he wants to
use when filtering. Perhaps using project.build.sourceEncoding as a default
value is a good idea.
Seems like this is worth a Jira issue to track this new feature.