For testing persistent volumes with OPERATION_FAILED/ERROR feedbacks, we sshed into the mesos-agent and made it unable to create subdirectories in /srv/mesos/work/volumes, however, mesos did not respond any operation failed response. Instead, we received OPERATION_FINISHED feedback.
Steps to recreate the issue:
1. Ssh into a magent.
2. Make it impossible to create a persistent volume (we expect the agent to crash and reregister, and the master to release that the operation is OPERATION_DROPPED):
- cd /srv/mesos/work (if it doesn't exist mkdir /srv/mesos/work/volumes)
- chattr -RV +i volumes (then no subdirectories can be created)
3. Launch a service with persistent volumes with the constraint of only using the magent modified above.
Logs for the scheduler for receiving `OPERATION_FINISHED`:
(Also see screenshot)
2019-06-27 21:57:11.879 [12768651|rdar://12768651] [Jarvis-mesos-dispatcher-105] INFO c.a.j.s.ServicePodInstance - Stored operation=4g3k02s1gjb0q_5f912b59-a32d-462c-9c46-8401eba4d2c1 and feedback=OPERATION_FINISHED in podInstanceID=4g3k02s1gjb0q on serviceID=yifan-badagents-1
- 2019-06-27 21:55:23: task reached state TASK_FAILED for mesos reason: REASON_CONTAINER_LAUNCH_FAILED with mesos message: Failed to launch container: Failed to change the ownership of the persistent volume at '/srv/mesos/work/volumes/roles/test-2/19b564e8-3a90-4f2f-981d-b3dd2a5d9f90' with uid 264 and gid 264: No such file or directory