Mesos 1.5 introduced four new operations for better storage support through CSI. These operations are:
- CREATE_VOLUME converts RAW disks to MOUNT or PATH disks.
- DESTROY_VOLUME converts MOUNT or PATH disks back to RAW disks.
- CREATE_BLOCK converts RAW disks to BLOCK disks.
- DESTROY_BLOCK converts BLOCK disks back to RAW disks.
However, the following two issues are raised for these operations:
1. "Volume" is overloaded and leads to conflicting/inconsistent naming.
2. The concept of "PATH" disks does not exist in CSI, which could be problematic.
To address this, we could change CREATE_VOLUME/CREATE_BLOCK to CREATE_DISK, and DESTROY_VOLUME/DESTROY_BLOCK to DESTROY_DISK, and make CREATE_DISK support only MOUNT and BLOCK disks.