1. DistributedCache.get*Visibiliteies - are deprecated. Why do we add deprecated methods?
MAPREDUCE-982 needs to be fixed for me to not have the deprecated methods. But i will think about if we can avoid it in any way.
2. Do we need separate call for determineFile/ArchiveVisability. It can be determined while calling DistributedCache.addCacheArchive/File()
I don't have a strong preference for this either way but it seems clearer to me to keep it the way i currently have..
3. private static isPublic() should be called differently - something like haveOtherPermissions(Perm), to match its functionality. Some comments would help too.
4. public methods should have javadoc comments (determineCacheVisibilities() in TrackerDistributedCacheManager)
5. this line: File workDir = new File(new Path(TEST_ROOT_DIR, "workdir").toString()); can be changed