Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
This Jira proposes refactoring the Hadoop package structure and source tree
1. A little finer package structure.
- Current structure is a little flat
- Smaller files (name node and data node are way too big)
2. The client interfaces and data types sent across the wire should be clearly identifiable by the package they sit in. This will help preserving app compatibility since it will be very obvious when one breaks
3. Split dfs's client and server side jars.
4. Move map-reduce into separate src tree (but same SVN repository) along with its separate jar.
5. The Javadoc for users of Hadoop should not contain the internal server-side interfaces/classes
6. Fix all compiler warnings
7. Fix/minimize findbug warnings
The top level package structure remains unchanged:
Considered changing hadoop.dfs to hadoop.hdfs but the "h" does not really add much since hadoop is already part of the package name; didn't seem worth going to
through the trouble of breaking compatibility.
Changes will occur internally within the above packages.
HADOOP-2885 proposes restructuring hadoop.dfs.
Other Jiras will be filed for restructuring other parts.
|Restructure the hadoop.dfs package||Closed|
|Refactor src structure, but leave package structure alone||Closed|
|Clean up javadoc to reflect the public and private interfaces||Closed|
|Rename dfs package to hdfs for the generated servlet classes||Closed|
|Restructure the hadoop.mapred package||Resolved||Unassigned|