Affects Version/s: 0.20.205.0
Fix Version/s: None
No information of unfinished map task in Job History, if all attempts of another map task fail.
1. The first map task's first attempt m_000000_0 was making progress
2. The second map task failed 4 times, before completion of first map task attempt.
3. Hence, a job cleanup task was launched and completed, before completion of first map task attempt.
4. After job cleanup task, runningMapCache is cleaned
5. Hence, "Running cache for maps missing!! Job details are missing." error comes
(from retireMap() which is called after jobComplete() ) and no information is
added further to Job History. Therefore, first map task's information is
missing from Job History page.
I have created a sample streaming MR job, to reproduce this issue.
Input file: in1.txt is for long running map task (here first map task)
Input file: in2.txt is for failing map task (here second map task)
Running the sample streaming MR job.
Job History web UI
Above it shows, only 2 failed tasks (belong to second map task).
Only from JT logs, the task tracker of first map task can be found.