Uploaded image for project: 'Maven Ant Tasks (RETIRED)'
  1. Maven Ant Tasks (RETIRED)
  2. MANTTASKS-23

antlib:deploy doesn't set correct snapshot version

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 2.0.4, 2.0.6, 2.0.7
    • Fix Version/s: 2.0.8
    • Component/s: deploy task
    • Labels:
      None
    • Environment:
      win xp, mvn 2.0.2, ant 1.6.5
    • Flags:
      Patch

      Description

      I'm trying to deploy to maven remote repository jars produced by
      ant. Those jars are in snapshot version.
      Whole deployment process is going properly, but something is wrong with names
      of deployed files.
      When I'm deploying artifacts using normal 'maven deploy', "SNAPSHOT" in
      the name is replaced by the current timestamp and the snapshot number (for
      instance: "20060105.123437-3").
      But when I'm deploying with antlib, the name isn't changed. "SNAPSHOT" is
      still in the name. And when I deploy snapshot again, the old one is
      replaced by the new one (which also different from behavior of normal 'mvn
      deploy').
      The metadata.xml also is generated incorrectly. Timestamp in snapshot tag is missing:
      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><metadata>
      <groupId>foo</groupId>
      <artifactId>foo-jar1</artifactId>
      <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
      <versioning>
      <snapshot>
      <buildNumber>4</buildNumber>
      </snapshot>
      <lastUpdated>20060209111228</lastUpdated>
      </versioning>
      </metadata>
      Here's an fragment of my ant script:
      <target name="maven-poms">
      <artifact:pom id="pom.jar1-jar" file="maven/pom-jar1-jar.xml" />
      <artifact:pom id="pom.jar2-jar" file="maven/pom-jar2-jar.xml" />
      <artifact:pom id="pom.jar3-jar" file="maven/pom-jar3--jar.xml" />
      </target>
      <target name="maven-install-local"
      depends="maven-poms,generate-jars">
      <artifact:install file="${build.dir}/jar1.jar">
      <pom refid="pom.jar1-jar"/>
      </artifact:install>
      <artifact:install file="${build.dir}/jar2.jar">
      <pom refid="pom.jar2-jar"/>
      </artifact:install>
      <artifact:install file="${build.dir}/jar3.jar">
      <pom refid="pom.jar3-jar"/>
      </artifact:install>
      </target>

      <target name="maven-deploy-remote" depends="maven-install-local">
      <artifact:install-provider artifactId="wagon-ssh" version="1.0-alpha-5"/>

      <artifact:deploy file="${build.dir}/jar1.jar">
      <pom refid="pom.jar1-jar"/>
      </artifact:deploy>
      <artifact:deploy file="${build.dir}/jar2.jar">
      <pom refid="pom.jar2-jar"/>
      </artifact:deploy>
      <artifact:deploy file="${build.dir}/jar3.jar">
      <pom refid="pom.jar3-jar"/>
      </artifact:deploy>
      </target>
      The artifacts poms are in separate files which contain only artifactId, groupId,
      version, dependencies and remote repository url.
      I also tried to deploy using 'mvn -f pom-file.xml deploy' to check if my repository
      url is specified correctly. And it works. Jar is deployed to remote repository with
      correct version.

        Attachments

        1. maven-artifact-ant-MNG-2060.patch
          8 kB
          Lee, YongHyun
        2. MANTTASKS-23.diff
          9 kB
          Hervé Boutemy
        3. MANTTASKS-23_site.diff
          3 kB
          Hervé Boutemy

          Issue Links

            Activity

              People

              • Assignee:
                hboutemy Hervé Boutemy
                Reporter:
                michal.stochmialek Michal Stochmialek
              • Votes:
                12 Vote for this issue
                Watchers:
                11 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                • Created:
                  Updated:
                  Resolved: