Uploaded image for project: 'Lucene.Net'
  1. Lucene.Net
  2. LUCENENET-485

IndexOutOfRangeException in FrenchStemmer

    XMLWordPrintableJSON

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Resolved
    • Priority: Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: Lucene.Net 3.0.3
    • Fix Version/s: Lucene.Net 3.0.3
    • Component/s: Lucene.Net Contrib
    • Labels:
      None

      Description

      Hi list,

      I am not sure how to report bugs, or even if anybody is interested in bug reports. However, I have been playing with lucene lately, and found out an implementation bug in the Frenchstemmer (/src/contrib/Analyzers/Fr/FrenchStemmer.cs). Whenever I tried to add a new document to an index, I got an index out of range error. So I looked at the code and fixed that issue: see my diff file attached.

      Please note that I also changed a few funky characters to unicode notation. The code worked well with the funky characters, but I think it just looks better with the \uxxx bits...

      Anyways, the important bits is the replacement of a couple of sb.Insert by sb.Append.

      I hope this helps.

      Cheers,
      Sylvain

        Attachments

        1. TestFrenchAnalyzer.cs.patch
          1 kB
          Christopher Calvin Currens
        2. tt.diff
          4 kB
          Christopher Calvin Currens

          Activity

            People

            • Assignee:
              Unassigned
              Reporter:
              ccurrens Christopher Calvin Currens
            • Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              0 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved: