Commons Logging
  1. Commons Logging
  2. LOGGING-17

[logging] SimpleLog.java adds extra - characters

    Details

    • Type: Bug Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Major Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: Nightly Builds
    • Fix Version/s: 1.0.4
    • Labels:
      None
    • Environment:

      Operating System: other
      Platform: Other

      Description

      I've just started using commons-logging, so I used SimpleLog to get started.
      When doing so I found that the output isn't consistent.

      With the default settings (showlogname=false, showShortLogname=true) the output
      looks like this:

      [DEBUG] CodeGenerator - -locale.language=sv

      With altered settings (showlogname=true, showShortLogname=false) the output
      looks like this:

      [DEBUG] se.dennislundberg.codegeneration.ui.CodeGenerator - locale.language=sv

      As you can see in the first example there is an extra '-' before the log message.

        Activity

        Dennis Lundberg made changes -
        Fix Version/s 1.0.4 [ 12311713 ]
        Henri Yandell made changes -
        Status Resolved [ 5 ] Closed [ 6 ]
        Henri Yandell made changes -
        Affects Version/s Nightly Builds [ 12311790 ]
        Henri Yandell made changes -
        Affects Version/s Nightly Builds [ 12311648 ]
        Component/s Logging [ 12311124 ]
        Project Commons [ 12310458 ] Commons Logging [ 12310484 ]
        Key COM-1039 LOGGING-17
        Assignee Jakarta Commons Developers Mailing List [ commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org ]
        Henri Yandell made changes -
        Field Original Value New Value
        issue.field.bugzillaimportkey 25940 12341190
        Dennis Lundberg created issue -

          People

          • Assignee:
            Unassigned
            Reporter:
            Dennis Lundberg
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            0 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved:

              Development