Affects Version/s: 1.2.13
Fix Version/s: None
This is the issue described in
- Setup a web application using the settings from the attached config.xml file
- Notice the rolling style set to Composite
- Start and use the application
- The log files pile up in the folder
- Restart IIS
- Keep using the application
- The rolling continues on or after the last file
- The rolling restarts at index 1 and overwrites the existing files
See the attached files:
- patch with a fix proposal
The original bug fix addresses the issue in the InitializeFromOneFile() method.
However, the GetWildcardPatternForFile() method also needs the baseFileName to be adjusted with the datePattern so the proper files are searched.
I placed a file path fix in the DetermineCurSizeRollBackups() method, so it's then passed down to the two other methods and everyone gets happy.
Here's a calling stack sample: