We had a self written appender which stopped working when switching from rc-1 to rc-2.
I tried to enable Annoation Processing in Eclipse as I assume that this is due to changed stuff around the Log4j2Plugins.dat. However I get no hint that the annotations are actually processed. Windows finds no new file on system (but even fails to find the existing Log4j2Plugins.dat). Furthermore setting the status in the configuration to "trace" I got the impression that only the Log4j2Plugins.dat from the log4j2 jar is loaded.
I'm not sure whether this is really a critical issue for more users, for us it is a blocker. Taking the problems into account we had with Log4j2 so far (memory leaks, API breaks, ...) we are wondering whether it is worth to completely write the logging by ourselves and get rid of log4j2 or switch back to something like SLF4j.
|Status||Open [ 1 ]||Resolved [ 5 ]|
|Fix Version/s||2.0-rc2 [ 12326292 ]|
|Resolution||Fixed [ 1 ]|