A new web client app to fire queries, discover cubes, native tables and to view results.
Some of the salient features of the app would be:-
1. A single page app which is sleek, responsive and async.
2. Provision to discover cubes, tables in a tree view as well as in detail.
3. A scalable app which scales well for very large number of tables, cubes and result sets to give an enriched experience without getting bloated or introduce considerable lag during continuous use.
4. A book markable app where in URL reflects the state of the user, and is easily sharable. e.g a link http://localhost:8080/query/schema/cube/sample_cube (http://localhost:8080/query/schema/cube/sample_cube) would open and give the user the same view.
5. A syntax highlighted code editor.
6. Autocomplete for cubes, native tables to make the experience of writing queries as close to SQL clients, bringing it on the browser.
7. Give a nice, clean and neat look to the data.
8. Provision to see queries based on the status, e.g. RUNNING, QUEUED, FAILED etc.
1. The app is built with ReactJS, Flux architecture from Facebook.