The goal would be to capture various request/response metrics in the gateway and expose them via JMX and/or REST.
Some of the requests on the dev mailing list are:
- Capture TPS both at the service level as well as aggregate for the server instance.
- Byte transfer counts per service and aggregate
- Unsuccessful login
- Successful login but overall return was HTTP 500 which indicates failure
on the cluster side. An example would be users connecting to Knox with
valid AD user/pass but which were not authorized in the cluster. This can
happen when the cluster is in secure mode but a service like Centrify has
not allowed the user into the cluster's zone.
- Unsuccessful AD lookup by Knox - user doesn't exist.
- Connection counts that used and didn't use an auth cookie and resulted in
an AD lookup
- Current open connections
- Capability to reset the aggregate counters while Knox is running.
- Ability to hook into Ambari's Metric collection framework.