Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Since somewhere after commit 2d37c8c84 in Apache Kafka, the streams resetter consistently fails with brokers of version confluent-5.0.1.
The following exception is thrown:
which comes from this line within the StreamsResetter class:
The exception is not thrown with brokers of version confluent-5.5.0. I have not tried brokers of other versions.
The bug can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. check out commit 7777dc8f8ffd2ad from Apache Kafka
2. build with ./gradlew clean -PscalaVersion=2.13 jar
3. start a confluent-5.0.1 broker.
4. create a topic with bin/kafka-topics.sh --create --bootstrap-server localhost:9092 --replication-factor 1 --partitions 1 --topic test
5. start streams resetter with bin/kafka-streams-application-reset.sh --application-id test --bootstrap-servers localhost:9092 --input-topics test
Streams resetter should output: