Steps to reproduce the bug:-
1. Go here: http://doc.jspwiki.org/2.4/Edit.jsp?page=WindowsInstall
2. Type in changenote: Testing "quotes" & ampersand
3. Click preview
4. Click Keep Editing
5. The changenote looks like this: Testing "quotes" & ampersand
Now the user has to remove it and type (Testing "quotes" & ampersand) again before saving. If the user didn't notice it, then the comment will be saved as "Testing "quotes" & ampersand" in the history.
I know that entities need to be encoded for security reasons but this is a Bug.
This is how I fixed it in my pc:
1. Added the following script to commonheader.jsp (or prettify.js)
2. Changed <body> tag in EditTemplate.jsp to call this js function on load.
Now JSPWiki works fine for me. Polish this fix if needed and commit it. Please correct me if I'm wrong.