I implemented a
- New user management portlet
- simple ajaxfied tabbed UI based on YUI
- quite powerful search capabilities
- paging user queries, it should be able to handle a very high number of users
- uses REST requests to CRUD user data
It is not ready for production yet, it still needs improvements in layout, complete user data support and field validation. But it might be useful as a base for others that need to manage thousands of users.
- A new REST based user management service
- CRUD via REST
- uses the new introduced paging user manager API extension (
JS2-964, see commits)
- per default REST calls are restricted to user with role "admin"
- the default values for new users (roles, profile, template) are taken from the jetspeed.properties and NOT from the portlet preferences as the default user manager does!
The work is related to JS2-241 but does not fully implement all requested features. Therefore I wrap it in this new issue.