Currently the consistency report items only contain a node id and a message string. I see the following use cases benefit from more information:
- allow callers of the consistency checker to do postprocessing of nodes such as putting extra information on a fixed node
- allow callers of the consistency checker to do custom reporting with statistics on type of inconsistencies and other information such as number and id of virtual nodes
- inconsistencies typically involve two node ids: a subject and an object node (for instance orphaned nodes have a node id but also the id of the parent that is no longer present)
I created a patch that enhances the consistency report items with the following information:
- aside from node id (the subject of the report item) also an object node id
- each report item has an event type, such as 'abandoned', 'orphaned', etc.
- report items also report root nodes and virtual nodes