IvyDE
  1. IvyDE
  2. IVYDE-166

Sources attach but Javadocs don't

    Details

    • Type: Bug Bug
    • Status: Resolved
    • Priority: Major Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 2.0.0.beta1
    • Fix Version/s: 2.0.0.final
    • Component/s: classpath container
    • Labels:
      None
    • Environment:

      Windows, Eclipse 3.4 platform (IBM RAD 7.5.1 distribution)

      Description

      It might be a regression of IVYDE-55 in 2.0.0.beta1

      Here are the steps.
      1. ivy.xml
      <?xml version="1.0"?>
      <?xml version="1.0"?>
      <ivy-module version="2.0"
      xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://ant.apache.org/ivy/schemas/ivy.xsd">
      <info organisation="xxx" module="mmm" status="integration" />
      <configurations>
      <conf name="compile" />
      <conf name="war" /> <!-- Artifacts to be included in a WAR -->
      <conf name="ide" extends="compile" description="+ Javadocs and sources" />
      </configurations>
      <dependencies defaultconf="compile,war->default;ide->ide(default)">
      <dependency org="apache" name="commons-logging" rev="1.1"/>
      </dependencies>
      </ivy-module>

      2. Repository files:

      {repository}\apache\commons-logging\commons-logging-1.1\commons-logging-1.1-doc.zip{repository}

      \apache\commons-logging\commons-logging-1.1\commons-logging-1.1-src.zip

      {repository}

      \apache\commons-logging\commons-logging-1.1\commons-logging-1.1.jar

      3. commons-logging-1.1-ivy.xml
      <?xml version="1.0"?>
      <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="http://ivyrep.jayasoft.org/ivy-doc.xsl"?>
      <ivy-module version="2.0"
      xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://ant.apache.org/ivy/schemas/ivy.xsd">
      <info organisation="apache" module="commons-logging" revision="1.1" status="release"/>
      <configurations>
      <conf name="default"/>
      <conf name="ide" extends="default" description="+ Javadocs and sources"/>
      </configurations>
      <publications>
      <artifact name="commons-logging-1.1" type="jar" conf="default"/>
      <artifact name="commons-logging-1.1-src" type="source" ext="zip" conf="ide"/>
      <artifact name="commons-logging-1.1-doc" type="javadoc" ext="zip" conf="ide"/>
      </publications>
      </ivy-module>

      4. Add IvyDE library with "ide" configuration only

      I get commons-logging-1.1.jar with an attached source, but not Javadocs.

        Activity

        DK created issue -
        Hide
        Nicolas Lalevée added a comment -

        I have been able to dig a little bit in this issue. As far as I could test, it seems that Ivy is not attaching the javadoc on the "refresh" job, but does it properly on the "resolve" job. Could you confirm that ?

        Show
        Nicolas Lalevée added a comment - I have been able to dig a little bit in this issue. As far as I could test, it seems that Ivy is not attaching the javadoc on the "refresh" job, but does it properly on the "resolve" job. Could you confirm that ?
        Hide
        DK added a comment -

        Nicolas, for me it never works. The steps above (1-4) reproduce the problem from scratch - on the initial resolve.
        I just tried to do it in a completely different environment - Mac OS X, pure Eclipse 3.4.1, a new project and reproduced the problem right away.

        Show
        DK added a comment - Nicolas, for me it never works. The steps above (1-4) reproduce the problem from scratch - on the initial resolve. I just tried to do it in a completely different environment - Mac OS X, pure Eclipse 3.4.1, a new project and reproduced the problem right away.
        Hide
        Nicolas Lalevée added a comment -

        Mistake of mine, I wasn't using IvyDE 2.0.0.beta1 but the trunk version. So it seems the bug is half resolved in trunk, I will look into the refresh vs. resolve issue.

        Show
        Nicolas Lalevée added a comment - Mistake of mine, I wasn't using IvyDE 2.0.0.beta1 but the trunk version. So it seems the bug is half resolved in trunk, I will look into the refresh vs. resolve issue.
        Nicolas Lalevée made changes -
        Field Original Value New Value
        Assignee Nicolas Lalevée [ hibou ]
        Nicolas Lalevée made changes -
        Fix Version/s 2.0.0.final [ 12313533 ]
        Hide
        Nicolas Lalevée added a comment -

        I have found the bug and fixed it in trunk.

        Show
        Nicolas Lalevée added a comment - I have found the bug and fixed it in trunk.
        Nicolas Lalevée made changes -
        Resolution Fixed [ 1 ]
        Status Open [ 1 ] Resolved [ 5 ]

          People

          • Assignee:
            Nicolas Lalevée
            Reporter:
            DK
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            1 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved:

              Development