I spent some time playing around with resource pool configs and it's quite difficult to tell when a config change took effect - I at least was temporarily convinced that there was a bug where change were not picked up. I believe I was mistaken and just getting confused by the staleness of the /admission UI until a query is submitted by the pool, plus my query not getting routed to the right pool.
- Confirm that all resource pool config changes take effect dynamically when the next query is submitted
- Document this behaviour
- Investigate what it would take to reflect pool configs in the admission UI immediately when they take effect
- Add information to the debug UI that indicates that pool configs are correct as-of the last query submitted to the pool
- Maybe add logging when the config change is picked up
- Maybe add a warning when REQUEST_POOL is specified but the query does not end up in that pool (e.g. if the pool doesn't exist).