We need to make sure that all methods of our new driver are compliant with JDBC spec, namely:
1) Semantics of normal execution is correct
2) Exceptions are thrown when excepted
I propose the following flow:
1) Walk through interface classes (Connection -> Statement, PreparedStatement -> ResultSet)
2) For every method identify a set of tests to verify semantics (if any).
3) Write those tests, even if they fail.
4) Once all tests are ready, decide how to proceed with their fixes.
NB: we should write tests even for methods which throw "not-implemented exception", so that we better understand the scope of remaining work.
Link to JDBC specification
IGNITE-5456 JDBC thin driver: the statement produces multiple result sets must be handled correct
- links to