- create a database connection
- create a pipeline
- create a table input transform and make sure the database connection is selected. then enter a valid sql statement
- run the pipeline - make sure the sql succeeds.
- go to File..Edit MetaStore Element..Database Connection and select the connection from step 1
- change the database name to an invalid non-existing one
- run the pipeline again
- the pipeline runs successfully although the value was changed to an invalid one.
- a workaround is to edit the database connection from within the table input transform. Or restarting hop gui.
It looks like the database cache is not updated when going via Edit Metadata Store element. But is correctly updated when doing it from inside the transform.