Set to true to enable support for HDFS ACLs (Access Control Lists). By
default, ACLs are disabled. When ACLs are disabled, the NameNode rejects
- all attempts to set an ACL. An fsimage containing an ACL will cause the
- NameNode to abort during startup, and ACLs present in the edit log will
- cause the NameNode to abort. To transition from ACLs enabled to ACLs
- disabled, restart the NameNode with ACLs enabled, remove all ACLs, save a
- new checkpoint, and then restart the NameNode with ACLs disabled.
+ all attempts to set an ACL.