2. JavaDoc for getReplicaVisibleLength() is confusing. Could you please also make it 3 lines rather than 1.
Why 3 lines?
3. Does not need any of the changes.
Could you explain more?
4. Here you do multiple field and method renames, combined with reformatting. I am lost.
How can I help you?
5. Why do you need to abstract getReplicaInfo()? It does not seem that SimulatedFSDataset actually need it anywhere, at least not yet.
FSDatasetInterface is an interface. By definition, all methods in an interface must be abstract.
6. You factored out a part of the code into a new method. I cannot see what the new changes are.
The new method is involved in FSNamesystem. Could you take a look again?
8. It is not necessary to remove public from method declaration and remove unused method.
I remove the method because I see the following comment in the code.
The comment was introduced by you in
HDFS-517. Could you explain what does it mean?