Patch for JMeter test code and support files. This really belongs in a HBase contrib module, so should wait until the Hadoop TLP reorganization is complete before being committed. In the meantime, I've attached some updated files and instructions.
1. Install Apache JMeter (I used 2.3.1).
2. Place hbase-jmeter-test.jar in the lib/ext directory.
3. Copy hadoop core and hbase jars into lib.
4. Copy all the jars in hadoop lib into lib.
5. Launch JMeter.
6. Open the hbase-jmeter-test.jmx test plan.
7. Create a keys file containing the keys you want to query, one per line.
8. Click on Java Request to set up configure table, column names, and keys file location.
9. Click on Graph Requests and then Run | Start. This will plot responses in the window and also create an output file (results.csv) that can be fed into the attached R script for further analysis.
10. Try increasing the number of threads and the delay in Thread Group.