- Have a single region table t with 15 hfiles in it.
- Snapshot it. (was done using online snapshot from
- Clone a snapshot to table t'.
- t' has its region do a post-open task that attempts to compact region. policy does not compact all files. (default seems to be 10)
- after compaction we have hfile links and real hfiles mixed in the region
- t' starts splitting
- creating split references, opening daughers fails
- hfile links are "split", creating hfile link daughter refs. <<hfile>-<region>-<table>>.<parentregion>
- these "split" hfile links are interpreted as hfile links with table <table>.<parentregion> -> <<hfile>-<region>>-<<table>.<parentregion>> (groupings interpreted incorrectly)
- Since this is after the splitting PONR, this aborts the server. It then spreads to the next server.