We have some instances of Logger that are missing one of being private, static, and final.
ex from HealthChecker.java, missing final
- Clean up where possible by making private static final
- If we can't, add a non-javadoc note about why
One way to look for problematic instances is to grep for initial assignment for the commonly used LOG member, e.g.
- missing final: grep -r "LOG =" * | grep -v "final"
- missing static: grep -r "LOG =" * | grep -v "static"
- missing private: grep -r "LOG =" * | grep -v "private"