dev-support/test-patch.sh is parsing modified files wrong from the patch.
In test-patch.sh script, for running findbugs command, it is trying to find out the modified files by doing the following command
$GREP '^+++\|^---' $PATCH_DIR/patch | cut -c '5-' | $GREP -v /dev/null | sort | uniq > $TMP
A patch file can have an entry with xml comments removed, which would match that to be a filename. If you look at the last line of the below text, it would match the filename to be '^M'
- Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more^M- contributor license agreements. See the NOTICE file distributed with^M
- this work for additional information regarding copyright ownership.^M
- The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0^M- (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with^M
- the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at^M
- Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software^M
- distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,^M
- WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.^M
- See the License for the specific language governing permissions and^M
- limitations under the License.^M