The patch includes MiniRPCBenchmark, the test, and the change to the script file, which makes the benchmark runnable using
An excerpt from JavaDoc:
MiniRPCBenchmark measures time to establish an RPC connection to a secure RPC server. It sequentially establishes connections the specified number of times, and calculates the average time taken to connect. The time to connect includes the server side authentication time.
The benchmark supports three authentication methods:
- simple - no authentication. In order to enter this mode the configuration file core-site.xml should specify hadoop.security.authentication = simple. This is the default mode.
- kerberos - kerberos authentication. In order to enter this mode the configuration file core-site.xml should specify hadoop.security.authentication = kerberos and the argument string should provide qualifying keytabFile and userName parameters.
- delegation token - authentication using delegation token. In order to enter this mode the benchmark should provide all the mentioned parameters for kerberos authentication plus the useToken argument option.
- numIterations - number of connections to establish
- keytabFile - keytab file for kerberos authentication
- userName - principal name for kerberos authentication
- useToken - should be specified for delegation token authentication
- logLevel - logging level, see Level