As someone who works in CM, I clearly think that being able to include stuff is a handy way to deal with scale. But if you treat every .xml file as toplevel, dont forget to include test cases that
- have an import of yourself
- import file A.xml that imports B.xml that imports A.xml
- include inconsistent (name,value) declarations
- import file A.xml that imports B.xml that then imports a nonexistent file (try and have the error message helpfile here)
- tries to do property expansion to set the path of the include
You dont have to support these, property expansion in particular. But get those tests together to make sure that whatever behaviour you have matches expectations.