Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: 0.19.0
HADOOP-3150, if the job fails in the init stage, job.kill() was called. This used to make sure that the job was cleaned up w.r.t
- staus set to KILLED/FAILED
- job files from the system dir are deleted
- closing of job history files
- making jobtracker aware of this through jobTracker.finalizeJob()
- cleaning up the data structures via JobInProgress.garbageCollect()
Now if the job fails in the init stage, job.fail() is called which doesnt do the cleanup.
HADOOP-3150 introduces cleanup tasks which are launched once the job completes i.e killed/failed/succeeded. Jobtracker will never consider this job for scheduling as the job will be in the PREP state forever.