Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: 0.13.0
The tasktracker expiry interval is hardcoded to 10 mins with the MRConstants.TASKTRACKER_EXPIRY_INTERVAL constant.
For small clusters, running small jobs, this interval is too high.
Making it configurable it would require:
- Introducing a 'tasktracker.expiry.interval' property with default value of 10 mins.
- Load the property in the JobTracker
- Change the 5 usages of the constant by a property in the JobTracker
- Remove the constant from MRConstants
- add default value to the hadoop-default.xml file