In Guacamole 0.9.9 and older, empty balancing groups render as if they are connections. This allows balancing groups to appear to users as if they are connections if those users have no direct access to the connections within those groups:
From 0.9.10-incubating onward (including current master), such balancing groups always render as groups. The "+/-" icon is displayed, albeit grayed out for empty groups, and the group is not rendered as a connection:
- Log in as an administrator.
- Create an organizational group.
- Create a balancing group.
- Create a connection within the balancing group. For the sake of reproducing the issue, the content of this connection does not matter.
- Create a user that has access only to the organizational and balancing groups created above. Do not grant this user access to the connection within the balancing group.
- Log out and back in as the newly-created user.
- Note that the balancing group renders identically to the organizational group.