Uploaded image for project: 'Guacamole'
  1. Guacamole
  2. GUACAMOLE-413

RDP NLA fails when username contains accented characters

    XMLWordPrintableJSON

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Resolved
    • Priority: Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 0.9.13-incubating
    • Fix Version/s: 1.1.0
    • Component/s: RDP
    • Labels:
      None

      Description

      I'm currently trying to use guacamole with NLA Authentification in RDP.
      It works with users who has username that contain standarts characters
      (A-Z/a-z..), but when i try to connect with users who username contains "é",
      "è", "Ü", "ç", "à"... characters (like "André"), i've got the error "Error
      connecting to RDP Server" in syslog and i can see that the NLA
      authentification failed on my server event viewer.
      When i try "Andre" instead of "André", it works (AD usernames aren't case
      sensitive), and if i try to connect with "André" WITHOUT NLA
      Authentification, it also works.

      This doesn't seems to be a FreeRDP issue, i tried NLA authentification
      directly with FreeRDP (branch stable.1-1) and it works.

      I activated FreeRDP Authentification logs (with cmake -DWITH_DEBUG_NLA before FreeRDP build).

      Attachements :
      log_guacamole.txt : connection with user "José" and NLA Authentification throught Guacamole 0-9-13 based on FreeRDP stable 1-1.
      log_freerdp_only.txt : connection with user "José" and NLA Authentification throught FreeRDP stable 1-1

        Attachments

        1. log_guacamole.txt
          16 kB
          Chris B
        2. log_freerdp_only.txt
          19 kB
          Chris B

          Issue Links

            Activity

              People

              • Assignee:
                Unassigned
                Reporter:
                cbosys Chris B
              • Votes:
                0 Vote for this issue
                Watchers:
                2 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                • Created:
                  Updated:
                  Resolved: