I've started learning gora-tutorial and created a separate Maven project with gora-core and gora-hbase dependencies only.
When I try to run the project the following exception raises:
And then found a workaround on the StackOverflow:
Then I looked for the roots of the problem in dependency graph and found out that:
- The same issue was created rarely: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GORA-69
- There was proposed a workaround with <dependencyManagement>
But Maven dependency graph reflets the real root of the problem:
- Several Gora modules depending on old org.jdom:jdom-1.1.2 package:
- jdom-1.1.2 depends on jaxen:jaxen-1.1.3
- jaxen-1.1.3 depends on xerces:xercesImpl-2.6.2
- xercesImpl-2.6.2 does not support setXIncludeAware(true) method.
I propose to solve this issue just upgrading org.jdom:jdom upto 1.1.3 which does not pull old xerces 2.6.2.