Got feedback from a new Geronimo user (one of our OpenJPA committers) when she tried to setup Geronimo 2.1.5 + OpenJPA2 + Daytrader 2.1.3.
1) Title of "Deploy New" item in the navigation tree should be more generic, like "Deploy Applications" or "Deployer", as it can be used to redeploy apps
2) The Portlet title of "Install New Applications" should be more generic just like the menu title, like "Deploy Applications", as it can also be used to redeploy apps
3) The "Plan" field needs to be relabeled as "Plan (optional):" as the deployment plan is optional.
4) The Help for the portlet needs some updating:
4a) The Archive field can be WAR/EAR/RAR and not just the mentioned WAR type.
4b) The Plan field needs more description, like mentioning it is optional. Also it should mention "archive" instead of "war" as multiple file types are supported as stated in 4a. Need to also reword that it can be a deployment plan not included in the archive or a stand-alone deployment plan when a RAR is being used or for providing environment specific settings like the DB plans used with Daytrader.
4c) the "Redeploy application" option in the portlet is not mentioned in the Help and needs to be added
5) we shouldn't use "app" as an abbreviation for "application" for the checkbox "Start app after install"