Details

    • Type: Sub-task Sub-task
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Major Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 3.0.0
    • Fix Version/s: 3.0-M1
    • Component/s: deployment, osgi
    • Security Level: public (Regular issues)
    • Labels:
      None

      Description

      Today I started having deployment problems because the temporary files had a lot of '+' characters in them which got taken out by felix. I discovered that felix runs URLDecoder.decode(location) on the supplied location of a bundle. To counteract this we have to run URLEncoder.encode(location, "UTF-8") before handing it to felix.

      I suggested on the felix dev list that URLDecoder.decode(location, "UTF-8") would be more appropriate per javadoc, but I wonder why something intended for encoding form data in a url is being used for file names. Doesn't URL.encode or File.toURI().toURL() work?
      Leaving open in case anyone has an idea.

        Activity

        Hide
        David Jencks added a comment -

        fixed for now in rev 901105

        Show
        David Jencks added a comment - fixed for now in rev 901105
        Hide
        Jarek Gawor added a comment -

        Looks like the URLEncoding is creating some problems on Equinox. We might need a different way of creating the url based on the framework the code is running in. But I haven't tested this with latest Equinox version.

        Show
        Jarek Gawor added a comment - Looks like the URLEncoding is creating some problems on Equinox. We might need a different way of creating the url based on the framework the code is running in. But I haven't tested this with latest Equinox version.
        Hide
        Jarek Gawor added a comment -

        Equinox certainly did not like URLEncoded locations. I changed the code instead (part of revision 918677) to do file.toURI().toURL() which properly escapes the spaces, etc. which seems to work well for Felix & Equinox.

        Show
        Jarek Gawor added a comment - Equinox certainly did not like URLEncoded locations. I changed the code instead (part of revision 918677) to do file.toURI().toURL() which properly escapes the spaces, etc. which seems to work well for Felix & Equinox.

          People

          • Assignee:
            Jarek Gawor
            Reporter:
            David Jencks
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            0 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved:

              Development