We have an issue regarding the generation of postscript documents
using a custom type1 font in the greek language. The font we tried is
called kerkis (can be found @
but the same behaviour is observed using true type fonts that we have converted to type1 using open source tools (like fontforge).
Trying to render the attached sample.fo with the config given, Fop complaints with the following message:
org.apache.fop.events.LoggingEventListener processEvent WARNING: Glyph "?" (0x394, Deltagreek) not available in font "Kerkis".
org.apache.fop.events.LoggingEventListener processEvent WARNING: Glyph "O" (0x3a9, Omegagreek) not available in font "Kerkis".
Our fonts, have glyphs named Omega and Delta - only. Browsing around we found that basically, the code 0x3a9 is equivalent to 0x2126 (Omega) and 0x394 to 0x2206 (Delta). Apparently there are other codes for the Cyrilic version of Omega and Delta, that actually "point" to the same glyph. These are all defined in xmlgraphics-commons library, in org.apache.xmlgraphics.fonts.Glyphs classm put they point to different glyph names, like:
Fop uses this class to resolve codes to glyph names, and then uses this name to look the glyph in the font, thus producing the error you see.
The patch fixes the error, what might be missing, is filling the map with a not found symbol, for the case were no alternatives were found...