Affects Version/s: 1.8.0
Fix Version/s: 1.8.0
We should move to Java 8 as a minimum requirement.
- Java 7 is EOL'ed http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/eol-135779.html.
- Many projects are adopting java 8 as a minimum requirement, for instance:
- Solr 6: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-6722
- Hbase 2: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-15624
- elasticsearch 5: https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/master/setup.html
The attached patch was tested on Ubuntu 16.04 with openjdk version "1.8.0_91".
All unit tests, except for the known flaky ones, successfully passed.