Attached is my first patch for this issue (the patch is against the v1.4 code base). I will continue to run some more tests.
The patch details:
- A new property has been added to the SpoolDirectorySource (property name: recursiveDirectorySearch)
- the default for this setting is "false"...meaning its not enabled by default so there are no wierd side effects when moving from 1.3 to 1.4 flume agents.
- when going through directories, ignored are:
- directories starting with "." ...
- any directories that match the ignore pattern (same pattern as the file ignore pattern)
- 2 new unit tests were created for this feature.
- FlumeUserGuide updated with this new property
I waffled on one change and will chat over the dev mailing list...
the FileFilter was an anonymous instance created inline, my changes made it double in size, so I made the filter a final instance member...comments on that welcome