Notable changes since 4.1.24 (currently used in Flink 1.6-1.7):
- big (performance, feature set) improvements for using openSSL based SSL engine (useful for
- allow multiple shaded versions of the same netty artifact (as long as the shaded prefix is different)
- Ensure ByteToMessageDecoder.Cumulator implementations always release.
- Don't re-arm timerfd each epoll_wait
- Use a non-volatile read for ensureAccessible() whenever possible to reduce overhead and allow better inlining.
- Do not fail on runtime when an older version of Log4J2 is on the classpath
- Fix leak and corruption bugs in CompositeByteBuf
- Add support for TLSv1.3
- Harden ref-counting concurrency semantics
- bug fixes
- Java 9-12 related fixes