Affects Version/s: Adobe Flex SDK Previous
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Spark: List
Environment:Affected OS(s): All OS Platforms
Language Found: English
Steps to reproduce:
1. Compile and run attached MXML file.
2. Hold the Ctrl key and click on "1.Quick", "2.Brown", and "7.Lazy" in both the Spark List and Halo List controls.
3. Click the [Set dataProvider] button on the left side to change the data provider.
4. Observe that both the Spark List selectedIndices and Halo List selectedIndices properties are an empty string and no items are selected.
5. Hold the Ctrl key and click on "0.Red", "1.Orange", and "3.Green" in both the Spark List and Halo List controls.
6. Click the [Set dataProvider] button again to change the data provider (although this time the data provider has the same number as it currently has, 5).
7. Observe that the Spark List selectedIndices isn't reset to an empty array, but is [0,1,3]. The Halo List control, on the other hand, IS reset to .
The Spark List control's selectedIndices property is only cleared if the dataProvider is a different length than it was previously. Sketchy.
That's why it worked as expected in step 4, but not in step 7.
Whenever the data provider is replaced, kill the selectedIndices array as it is pretty much irrelevant.
Workaround (if any):