The Felix Web Console currently has an embedded plugin only using traditional Java API. Sling has a Web Console plugin leveraging the Java 5 JMX APIs.
These two should be consolidated and extended such that:
- Separate bundle (not embedded in the Web Console Bundle)
- one single plugin in Apache Felix
- Uses Java 6 JMX API if available
- Falls back to Java 5 JMX API if not Java 6
- Falls back to regular Java API as a last step
- Provide Gogo Shell Commands
The advantage of using Java 6 API is to be able to inject lock information in the thread dumps to be able to followup on deadlock and similar situations.