I have created an improved version of the HttpService. A similar version has been deployed at my company (Enonic) for some time. Instead of hosting this code ourself, we (or I) tought it would be better to contribute this to Apache.
So, the feaures:
- Extended API to support servlet filters.
- Backward compatible with standard HttpService (without Filter support).
- A bridged implementation. Using HttpService from a standard WAR file inside your favourite container. Same as Equinox Servlet Bridge except with Filter support.
- A jetty implementation (very influenced by the existing Felix implementation).
- Seperate dispatcher so that we can have different "transports".
Where's can I try it? Since I do not have committer rights (I would very much like so ) and I really to use Jira as a "source" and "patch" repository the code is hosted at my own place for now. This is so that you can try it out and tell me what you think. Go to http://github.com/srs/felix-contrib/tree/master for sources.