DRILL-4964: "Drill fails to connect to hive metastore after hive metastore is restarted unless drillbits are restarted also" attempted to fix a bug in Drill in which Drill hangs if Hive is restarted. Now, we see that all subsequent "show schemas" queries fail.
Steps to repro:
1. Build a secure cluster (we used MapR)
2. Install Hive and Drill services
3. Configure drill impersonation and authentication
4. Restart hivemeta service
5. Connect to drill and execute query involving hive storage, issue occurs
6. Restart the drill-bits services and execute the query, issue is no longer hit
The problem occurs in the same place as the earlier fix, but might represent a slightly different use case: in this case the connection is secure.