Directory Studio
  1. Directory Studio
  2. DIRSTUDIO-235

Non ASCII characters are not rendered properly in the LDAP Browser View when label is limited to a certain number of characters

    Details

    • Type: Bug Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Minor Minor
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 1.0.1
    • Fix Version/s: 1.1.0
    • Component/s: studio-ldapbrowser
    • Labels:
      None

      Description

      Non ASCII characters are not rendered properly in the LDAP Browser View when label is limited to a certain number of characters.

      If a label contains non ASCII characters and is long enough to be truncated (according to the user preferences), the special characters are not rendered properly...

      For example "cn=Emmanuel Lécharny" is rendered as "cn=Emman...L.charny" when maximum label size is set to 16 characters. Notice the '.' instead of the 'é'.

        Activity

        Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot created issue -
        Stefan Seelmann made changes -
        Field Original Value New Value
        Assignee Stefan Seelmann [ seelmann ]
        Stefan Seelmann made changes -
        Status Open [ 1 ] In Progress [ 3 ]
        Show
        Stefan Seelmann added a comment - Fixed here: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=594684&view=rev
        Stefan Seelmann made changes -
        Fix Version/s 1.1.0 [ 12312701 ]
        Status In Progress [ 3 ] Resolved [ 5 ]
        Resolution Fixed [ 1 ]
        Hide
        Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot added a comment -

        I confirm, it's fixed.
        Thanks Stefan!

        Show
        Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot added a comment - I confirm, it's fixed. Thanks Stefan!
        Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot made changes -
        Status Resolved [ 5 ] Closed [ 6 ]

          People

          • Assignee:
            Stefan Seelmann
            Reporter:
            Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            0 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved:

              Development